Monday, July 15, 2013

Mississippi Native Cyrus Webb Celebrates 10 Years Hosting Conversations LIVE

Jackie Collins. Barbara Taylor Bradford, Paul Michael Glaser, Lenny Williams. John Saul. They all have appeared on one program: Conversations LIVE hosted by Mississippi's own Cyrus Webb. The radio show that began as a weekly broadcast on WMPR 90.1 FM in Jackson, MS is now heard around the world by millions. On Monday, July 15th the media personality and Rankin County, Mississippi native celebrates 10 years of hosting what is now Conversations LIVE.

"It's been an amazing decade," says Webb,37, who has now interviewed over 4k guests and has a reach thanks to online affiliates Blogtalkradio.com and DCNowradio.com of millions. "When I began this show I had no idea where it would go or even what it would have accomplish. Now 10 years later I truly see the skies as the limit."

Conversations LIVE has been a place where individuals of all walks of life have come to discuss their personal experiences and triumphs as well as projects they are presenting to the world. Among Webb's most notable guests have been Pulitzer-Prize winners as well as musical notables like Dionne Warwick and American Idol winners Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks.

"I think the reason why Conversations LIVE works is that we meet people where they are," says Webb. "It has never been a show for just a certain group of people. I created the platform for the world, and the world has responded to it."

Over the past five years especially Webb has been recognized by major publishing houses Random House and Simon and Schuster as a "go-to guy" for quality interviews for their authors. The same has been said from recording artists who are looking to share with the world. "I believe the key for my success has been the fact that I treat everyone the same," Webb explains. "Whether you are a national star or someone on the rise you are going to be treated with the utmost respect and dignity."

Webb now hosts 4 shows a day, spending over 20 hours a week on the air. He was recently recognized by Blogtalkradio as one of their success stories. "I do what I do because I love it," he says. "It's great to get the recognition, but the most important thing for me is to make sure that my guest and my listeners walk away with the best experience. If I can do that, then I've done my job as a host."

Cyrus Webb is on social media at www.facebook.com/cyruswebb and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cyruswebb. To stay abreast with all that Webb has coming up, visit www.cyruswebbpresents.com. For details about the radio show, visit www.conversationsliveradio.com. To see who is featured next in Conversations Magazine visit www.conversationsmag.com.

No comments: